2. Safer delivery and smooth clearance in USA,Canada,UK,Norway,Germany ,Poland,
Ukraine,Russia,Thailand,Japan,Korea and etc
.Appearance: colorless transparent liquid
MF: C4H6O2 mw: 86.1
1. GBL is rapidly converted into GHB by paraoxonase ( lactonase ) enzymes, found in the blood. Animals which lack these enzymes exhibit no effect from GBL. GBL is more lipophilic ( fat soluble ) than GHB, and so is absorbed faster and has higher bioavailability.
2. Because of these pharmacokinetic differences, GBL tends to be more potent and faster-acting than GHB, but has a shorter duration; whereas the related compound 1,4 – butanediol ( 1,4 – B ) tends to be slightly less potent, slower to take effect but longer – acting than GHB.
3. Gamma-Butyrolactone ( γ – butyrolactone or GBL ) is a hygroscopic colorless liquid with a weak characteristic odor which is soluble in water.
4. GBL is a common solvent and reagent in chemistry as well as being used as a flavouring, as a cleaning solvent, as a superglue remover, and as a solvent in some wet aluminium electrolytic capacitors. In humans it acts as a prodrug for GHB, and it is used as a recreational intoxicant with effects similar to alcohol.